Publication of Abstracts
All accepted regular abstracts and accepted late abstracts (submission deadline 3 July 2023) are now published in the abstract book ELSEVIER, Special Issue “Toxicology Letters”. Accepted late abstract with the submission deadline 7 August 2023 are published in the late poster publication of the congress.
Poster presentation guidelines
All accepted poster abstracts (regular submitted and late breaking abstracts) have to be presented as printed posters and e-posters.
Authors of abstracts accepted as short oral are allowed to upload an e-poster in addition to their talk.
- Poster size: DIN A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm)
- Poster format: portrait format
- Fixing material: will be provided on-site at the poster help desk
- The printed posters may remain on their poster board throughout the entire congress.
- There will be no guided poster tour, but poster presenters are kindly asked to be present at their poster during the official congress breaks for discussions:
- Posters can be mounted earliest on Sunday, 10 September, 16h00 and have to be removed by Wednesday, 13 September, 13h30 the latest. Otherwise, the poster will be removed and disposed of by the organisers and the main author will be charged a disposal fee of 25,00 EUR.
- Poster size & format: DIN A0 (841 mm × 1189 mm)
- Poster format: portrait format
- Poster resolution: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi
- File type: Acrobat PDF file (without password protection),
- File size: ≅ 1 – 5 MB
- All e-posters will be displayed on-site throughout the entire congress at the corresponding e-poster terminals.
- The upload of e-posters is now possible for all accepted abstracts, please log-in to your abstract submission account, go to “Submissions” and click on “Upload”. All necessary instructions appear automatically.
- Deadline for upload: 9 September 2023
There is no predefined template for the posters, so you can freely determine the design and layout.
However, you are welcome to use the official EUROTOX 2023 logo or banner.
If you would like to print your poster on-site in Ljubljana, you will find several copy shops throughout the city. However, the copy shop Birografika BORI, (Dunajska cesta 48, 1000 Ljubljana), is only a three-minute walk from the Congress Centre.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 17 April 2023 | 18h00 (CEST)
Award / Bursary Application Deadline: 17 April 2023 | 18h00 (CEST)
Notification of abstract acceptance: sent on 7 June 2023
Start submission of Late Breaking Abstracts: 9 June 2023
Detailed author notifications: sent on 15 June 2023
Notification results travel bursary: sent on 3 July 2023
Late Abstract Submission Deadline (with publication in the abstract book): 3 July 2023
Late Abstract Submission Deadline (without publication in the abstract book): 7 August 2023
Late Breaking Abstracts
Late breaking abstracts can be submitted for poster presentation from 9 June to 7 August 2023.
All abstracts submitted by 3 July will be published in the abstract book “Toxicology Letters” by Elsevier (unsorted in the chapter “Late breaking abstracts”).
Abstracts submitted later than 3 July will not be published in the abstract book but will be available on the congress website.
Please note that every registered delegate may only submit one abstract.
The submission of a late breaking abstract is therefore not possible if you already have an accepted abstract.
How to submit an abstract
This year, abstract submission is again linked to registration. The submission of an abstract is therefore only possible if the participant has registered for the congress in advance. If you indicate during registration that you would like to submit an abstract, we will automatically create an account for you on our abstract submission platform. You will receive the access data with the automatic registration confirmation directly after completing the online registration.
General rules for abstract submission:
- Only one abstract per registered delegate can be submitted.
Invited speakers are entitled to submit an abstract for poster presentation or short oral communication in addition to their invited speaker abstract.
- Abstracts can be submitted for poster presentation or for short oral communication (not applicable for late breaking abstracts). The final decision whether an abstract is accepted as a poster or as a short oral presentation, or even rejected, lies with the reviewer and the EUROTOX 2023 Scientific Programme Committee.
- Only regular submitted abstracts from registered delegates who paid the registration fees in full will be published in the abstract book “Toxicology Letters” by Elsevier.
- The prerequisite for submitting an abstract is that it represents original work, not previously published and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English language only.
- The abstract should be no longer than 3000 characters (incl. space characters).
- Any pictures, attachments or similar are not allowed/will not be displayed.
- The abstract should state the purpose, methods and results of the study.
- Please ensure complete listing and correct order of all (co-)authors, correct formatting and grammar. Accepted abstracts will be printed and published as they have been submitted.
- All submitted abstracts can be edited until the submission deadline (
3 April 202317 April 2023). To view or edit your abstract please use the link and log in to your abstract submission account.
- Please indicate at least one (max. five) keyword(s) when submitting your abstract (free choice of keywords).
- Together with your abstract submission, you may apply for a travel bursary or for one of the awards which are granted by EUROTOX (more information will be available soon under the menu item “Awards & Bursaries“).
Topics for abstract submission
- Adverse Outcome Pathways
- Biomarkers of adverse effects
- Genotoxicology, mutagenesis and carcinogenicity
- Chemical emergencies
- Clinical and forensic toxicology
- Computational toxicology
- Dermal and ocular toxicology
- Developmental and reproductive toxicology
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Environmental epidemiology and toxicology
- Gastrointestinal tract toxicology & microbiome
- Inhalation and respiratory toxicology
- Integrated approaches for testing and assessment (IATA)
- In vitro methodologies & screening
- Micro and nano particle toxicology
- Mitochondrial toxicity
- Mixture toxicity
- Naturally occurring poisons (Toxins)
- New approach methodologies (NAMs)
- Occupational toxicology
- Regulatory toxicology
- Risk assessment & communication
- Target organ toxicity
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
EUROTOX 2023 Registration Office